The Man Who Sold the World
As a Nirvana Fan I have to vote here for the cover version. But I think the cover is not so much different. David Bowie just created a great and timeless song.
Anyway it's a pity that Nirvana couldn't bring more such great cover versions or new songs into being after their recording of the Unplugged Album. Kurt Cobain, rest in peace.
- Michael Müller, Hamburg, Germany, 18.09.2005
|Click on the cover for listening
||Click on the cover for listening
Comments about The Man Who Sold the World:
|David Bowie... He created and sung this song in 1970 (!), and Nirvana covered this song... And that's all. But they do it fine.|
- NVO, Murmansk, Other, 04.10.2008
|Glam forever!! DEATH TO GRUNGE!!! Bowie all the way, fuckers!!!|
- Buddy, Tarzana, CA, United States, 09.08.2008
|Bowie's is the best hands down. And enough of this oh kurt is so great crap, does anyone care about Krist Novoselic? He was there too!! and R.I.P all those people who say Kurt R.I.P... the guy blew his head off who could rest after that?|
- The Gibbon, Melbourne, Australia, 28.04.2008
|"Nirvana are about the worst musicians who ever reached #1. Bowie all the way.|
- Nick, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 23.07.2007"
"The Nirvana Cover Kicks ASS. kurts Vocals were one of a kind. only a great grunge band would be able cover a David Bowie song and have so much success. R.I.P Kurt Cobain
- Troop, West Coast, South Australia, Australia, 20.11.2007"
... well I guess you must BOTH BE RIGHT!!!! Don't be stupid enough to take a side. They are both wonderful and have generated more positive energy for the world than what I'm reading in here.
- Kill Machine, Perth, Australia, 23.04.2008
|I love david bowie, and i love nirvana, but your a fucking idiot if you think the nirvana cover is better. The original is MUCH better. Kurt even tries to sound like David, NOBODY SOUNDS LIKE FUCKING DAVID.|
- Jake, Basingstoke, England, 15.03.2008
|I was reading all theese posts here, and I was wondering: has any of u seen the unplugged video? 'cause it's hell good. The way that Cobain plays this song is fantastic, the sound of the guitar is fantastic. I have a cpupple of frieds who don't listen to Nirvana but told me that this is good shit. So......David who????|
- Bogdan, Bucharest, Romania, 10.01.2008
|The Nirvana Cover Kicks ASS. kurts Vocals were one of a kind. only a great grunge band would be able cover a David Bowie song and have so much success. R.I.P Kurt Cobain|
- Troop, West Coast, South Australia, Australia, 20.11.2007
|David Bowie's |
- Paul, NYC, United States, 11.10.2007
|Bowie's version >>>>>>>> boring, unspired Nirvana cover.|
- Alex, Vancouver, Canada, 30.07.2007
|Somethings not right if someone doesn't select Bowie. The cover version totally destroys the song.|
- bako, västerås, Sweden, 30.07.2007